Sunday, May 18, 2008

The New Apartment, Allergies, and the Other Spring News

Well, we moved in a week ago. I like the new place. After a few years living in an apartment building that felt like a motel, having a place in an actual house is nice. There are lots of windows, and the street is quiet. It's a nice little neighborhood. We're still unpacking, but the place is starting to shape up. Oh, and my car insurance got cheaper with the move. Always a nice bonus. The Indy 500 is next weekend, and we're having my family over to watch in hi-def. Hopefully we'll have most of the unpacking done by then!

In other news, the only thing keeping me from looking like a coke addict after a bad night is Claritin D. Yup, it's allergy season. Oh, yay. I can't wait until the trees around here are done spreading their pollen - huh, it sounds dirty when you say it like that - and I can get back to normal. In the meantime, Claritin is keeping me functional. Thank you, Loratadine.

My brother returned safely from his trip to Bangladesh. He flew back via Bangkok to New York, then grabbed a shuttle to Boston. He desperately needed a haircut, a shave, and some fresh vegetables. I'm not sure where he's shipping off to next, but for now, it's good to have him home safe.

Oh, and Verizon FiOS is awesome. I love being able to download podcasts in seconds. Totally beats DSL, hands down.

No comments: